Clay Electric's Trading Post is one of the best places in the world to shop. It's also the best place for Clay Electric members to post non-commercial ads at no cost.
Whether you are shopping or selling, there are two Trading Post options for your convenience. The Kilowatt Trading Post is printed six times a year, in each issue of the Kilowatt newsletter. The Online Trading Post is available on Clay Electric's web site 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Posting an ad
While the Trading Post ads are available for anyone to shop, only Clay Electric members can submit an ad, and members must comply with some basic guidelines.
Online Trading Post Guidelines:
- The Online Trading Post is a classified section for items for sale or for rent.
- Only ads of a non-commercial nature are allowed.
- Ads remain on the site for 60 days, after which time they are automatically deleted.
- Item names are limited to 25 characters.
- Do not use ALL CAPS in your item name, as this will trigger the SPAM filter and not allow your ad to be posted.
- The co-op reserves the right to edit lengthy item names, edit ads or decline posting.
- It may take 24 to 48 hours for your ad to appear on the site.
- Ads that are submitted to the online Trading Post are not automatically included in the Kilowatt Trading Post.
- You may upload two photos with your ad. Clay Electric reserves the right not to publish ads with inappropriate text or photos.
Kilowatt Trading Post Guidelines:
- When submitting your ad, you must include your phone number with area code, and account number, along with your items for sale or rent.
- Please limit your ad to 25 words.
- Ads should be submitted no later than the 15th of the month preceding the month of publication. The Kilowatt newsletter is published in January, March, May, July, September and November.
- Ads published in the Kilowatt Trading Post aren't automatically carried over to the next issue. Your ad must be resubmitted if you want it to appear in the next issue of the Kilowatt.
- Members can have their rental ads published only once per year in the Kilowatt Trading Post.
- Ads submitted to the Kilowatt Trading Post are not automatically included in the Online Trading Post.
PLEASE NOTE: You may submit your ad via the link below ONLY ONCE per Kilowatt issue. Any duplicate ads submitted will be deleted, so please take care to correct spelling and include all information before submitting your ad.
SCAM ALERT - Some members who have placed ads with their email addresses on the online Trading Post have been contacted by individuals who are attempting a scam. The scammer will contact the seller using an email address, and an offer is made to buy the item (vehicle, boat, etc.). However, the buyer (scammer) wants the seller to ship the item to a designated location, perhaps overseas. The scammer will ask for a mailing address so they can send the seller a sizable cashier's or bank check to cover the cost of shipping, plus extra to pay a debt to the shipper. We encourage you to be alert to these types of scam offers and to avoid any further contact with the scammers.